Janine over at Rainbow Hare Quilts is co-hosting the 2013 Making Christmas Blog Hop with Rebecca Lynne.
The aim of the Blog Hop is to provide encouragement and support to bloggers as they work through their list of craft makes for Christmas. At each weekly stop along the blog hop over the next 9 or so weeks there will either be a brainstorming holiday themed post or a tutorial for gifts, home decor or Christmas ornaments. Every week there will also be a link-up where we can post our updated Making Christmas List and makes from the past week.
The Making Christmas List is simply a list of items that we wish to get made before December 25th and they don’t have to be for Christmas. So without further ado here is my current Making Christmas List.
- Halloween bags for my boys. I have some lovely fabric scraps left over from a recent swap so I want to put them to good use.
- One Halloween Decor item. I have a fabric bowl half completed, I would ideally like to see this finished.
- Christmas cushions. I made three cushion tops last year but that is as far as I got before Christmas. Time to finish the cushions or repurpose the pieces as blocks of a Christmas lap quilt.
- Lots of Christmas decorations. These are started. I have made a couple to start and have crochet snowflake tops ready for roughtly 40 more.
- A single ring DWR quilt. I would like to take part in the DWR Challenge, I know exactly what I want to make so all I need to do is get sewing.
- Handmade Christmas cards. I recently made my first fabric ATCs and I love the process so I shall attempt a few Christmas cards using the same techniques.
- Make chutney. If nothing else there must be Mango and Apple Chutney to have and to gift.
- Bake the cake. Sooner rather than later. A traditional Christmas cake needs feeding (with whiskey) for at least few weeks. Again some to have and some to gift.
2 thoughts on “List Making and Making Christmas”
This is a wonderful list with lots of variety. I’m really looking forward to seeing all your makes as the weeks go by. Thank you for linking up 🙂
Will be checking out your chutney recipe as I have that on my list too!